Birds of Spain
An English translation of the third edition of Aves de España, the most popular field guide to the identification of the birds of Spain, with more than 40,000 copies of previous editions sold. Recommended by SEO/Birdlife. Contains updated information on all bird species present in Spanish territories.
- Includes Peninsular Spain, Ceuta, Melilla and the Balearic and Canary Islands.
- Describes field identification characteristics, habitat, migratory status, distribution and conservation status of all regularly present species and common vagrants, and also contains an appendix with a summary of other occasional species.
- Completely revised texts and many new drawings.
- Updated taxonomy following the HBW and Birdlife International Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the World.
- More than 300 maps detailing the areas of presence throughout the year.
- Around 1,000 colour illustrations showing the main details for the identification of the species in the field.
- 567 species, including 173 vagrants.
- ISBN: 9788416728022
- Author(s): Eduardo de Juana, Juan M Varela
- Stock Code: 6728022
- Format: Paperback
- Illustrations: Colour illustrations
- Pages: 257
- Published: 2017
Paperback £14.99Buy Now
An excellent, detailed guide to this very popular area of Europe. Covers all the well-known sites such as Ronda, Cape Trafalgar and the Coto Donana plus many other minor areas. Includes information on safe travel, accommodation and health. Many maps. Black and white drawings, 89pp. 1993
54% OFFPaperback £4.99RRP: £10.99Buy Now
Covers the whole of the coastal strip, from the French frontier down to the southern boundary of the Province of Alicante and inland within a comfortable day trip range excluding the area covered by the Pyrenees guide. The greater part of this guide concentrates on the autonomous region of Valencia and includes the hugely important Ebro Delta.