A Guide to British Water Birds: Their Songs and Calls
Accessible, informative and entertaining guide to some of our best known water-loving birds. Packed with useful information and helpful tips, the series will appeal to both the complete novice and the experienced birdwatcher who simply wants to know more about water birds.
This title covers the following:
- Prog 1. Waders of Wet Meadows - Lapwing, Redshank, Snipe, and Curlew
- Prog 2. Ducks - Mallard, Teal, Widgeon and Little Grebe (honorary duck as not a duck but often found with ducks - distinctive calls )
- Prog 3. Warblers - Reed, Sedge, Grasshopper, and Cetti's Warbler
- Prog 4. Rails and Crakes - Water Rail, Coots, Moorhen, and Spotted Crake, and
- Prog 5. River Birds - Dipper, Grey Wagtail, Common Sandpiper, and Kingfisher.
- Author(s): Brett Westwood, Stephen Moss, Chris Watson
- Stock Code: V10085
- Format: CD
- Duration: 1 hour
CD £9.25Buy Now
A knowledgeable and entertaining commentary on the birds, their appearance, calls, and aspects of their behaviour which will help identification, with high quality sound recordings captured in real life and on location by sound recordist Chris Watson. 'Coastal' includes estuaries, sandy beaches, rocky shores, sea cliffs and off-shore islands - all places that people will encounter on holidays around Britain's coastline. Listeners will be able to identify everything from gulls and guillemots to puffins, petrels, terns and turnstones. 2011
Paperback £14.99Buy Now
Wherever we are, there are birds. And wherever there are birds, there is birdsong. It's always a pleasure (and a relief) to hear sounds which prove the world's still spinning: whether it's the sighing of migrating redwings on a damp October night, the twitter of swallows fresh in from South Africa in April or the call of the cuckoo in May. Tweet of the Day is a book for everyone who loves Britain's birds.